Must have a valid Maltese ID Card
1.1. Game Settings
- Game Version: PC
- Rounds: First to Three (Tournament Settings)
- Games: First to Two (Best of 3) - Losers' Final, WInners' Final, and Grand Final: First to Three (Best of 5)
- Timer: 60 seconds
- Stage Select: Random (detailed in Section 1.5)
- Character Customizations: Off
- DLCs Available: All DLCs subject to any bugs and 2 weeks must have passed after the release of said DLCs
1.2. Match Procedure
The following steps outline the process of playing a Match.
- Players select their characters.
- The Players play the first Game of the Match.
- The losing Player of the preceding Game may choose to change characters OR may choose a stage.
- The next Game is played.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for all subsequent Games until the Match is complete.
- Take a screenshot of the lobby where it clearly shows player names and games won
- Go to your match on gmr.gg - My Profile - Dashboard - Matches
- Update Score
- Losing player has 2 minutes to dispute the result
1.3. Stage Selection
For the first match in the game, players will utilize Random Stage Selection. From the 2nd match onwards the loser may decide to choose the Stage if s/he DID NOT change character. If a character change was done the stage must be randomized again.
1.4. Tie Games
In the event of a tie Game, declared by a Double K.O. screen in the final Round of the final Game where a winner cannot be determined, the Game will not be scored and both players will replay the tied Game with the same characters and on the same stage.
1.5. Disputes and Complaints
- Once a match starts a player has 1 round to complain that his opponent is not abiding by any of the rules. Should the 2nd round start it will automatically mean that both players are in agreement and therefore one cannot complain after.
- Automatically recorded matches should not be deleted because, in case of a dispute, these can be used to prove your cause.
2. Match Obligations
All Players must be present by the Match start time. Players not ready to play within ten (10) minutes of the Match start time are subject to penalties including a possible Match forfeiture.
Players may not voluntarily forfeit a Match without prior authorization from Tournament Organizers and, even with permission, are subject to further penalties for forfeiting.
3. Match Disruptions
3.1. Controller Disconnects
If a Player either intentionally or accidentally disconnects their controller, the Player who does so forfeits the current game.
Tournament Organizers may order a Game or Match restart due to exceptional circumstances, such as if a bug significantly affects a Player’s ability to play or a Game or Match is unable to finish.
Stalling, or excessively delaying the Game or Match, may result in a Game or Match forfeit at the discretion of Tournament Organizers.
Players may designate one (1) individual to be their coach during each Tournament. Players may consult with the coach for a maximum of one (1) minute in between Games in a Match. Deliberately giving or receiving advice to/from any other person during a Game or Match is not allowed and may result in penalties for both parties.
Any cheating, as determined by the Tournament Organizers in their sole discretion, will result in an immediate forfeiture and additional penalties depending on the severity of the infraction. For all cheating claims, the burden of proof is on the accuser and must be verified by a tournament official
6. Names, Logos, and Branding Restrictions
Tournament Organizers reserve the right to reject, in their sole discretion, names, logos, avatars, or branding that violate the Code of Conduct, including without limitation, any that:
Anything that is illegal such as X-Rated content, Religious or Political Content, and other content as described in section 7.
7. Sponsorships; Other Content
Players have the ability to acquire sponsorships. However, sponsors or content falling under the following categories may not be displayed during official Tournament play:
- Religious programming, political matters
- X-rated material
- Habit-forming drugs, drug related paraphernalia
- Herbal remedies or “miracle cure” products
- Tobacco products
- Any adult-oriented products or services (including adult-oriented pay per view programs and male enhancement products)
- Salacious products or services or other material which would generally be considered obscene or indecent
- Content that a reasonable person would deem objectionable, indecent, vulgar or offensive
- Content that promotes discrimination, hate, violence, the use of illegal substances, illegal activity, mail fraud, pyramid schemes, or investment opportunities or advice not permitted by applicable law
- Content that is unlawful, pornographic, libelous, defamatory, or violates a third party’s privacy or publicity rights
- Content that constitutes hate speech
- Content that discriminates ridicules, advocates against, harasses or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability
Players who break the rules in this document are subject to penalties including (but not limited to) the following:
- Match Restart
- Loss of Game
- Match Forfeiture
- Removal from the League
- Temporary Player Bans
- Permanent Player Bans
Any penalties imposed on a Player may be made available to the public by the Tournament Organizers at their sole discretion.
These rules are subject to change if necessary, Visionary Iron Team administrators reserve the right to make additional decisions outside the defined ruleset if necessary.